The Student Global Ambassador Program (SGAP Leaders), a nonprofit located in Rockville, Maryland with offices in Montclair, NJ is looking for a Social Media/Website Coordinator who is creative, self-driven, and ready to enhance and grow our social media and website presence.
Part time (virtual) estimate of 5-8 hours per week
A pioneering climate solutions and leadership training nonprofit group seeks an intern with a strong passion for solving systemic problems around climate change. Our goal is to close the “climate knowledge-action gap” and empower a generation of young leaders. The intern candidate will be on the front lines of the unfolding of the “race to zero carbon” playbook and will find themselves as a viable part of a number of impactful conversations with a variety of players in the field of climate action. Graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
- Help to recruit 500 students to participate in the pilot by contacting teachers, administrators and organizations interested in an unprecedented “zero carbon” challenge. Challenge will initially involve two states.
- Help to develop a framework for local school v. school, then national “state v. state” contest to get to zero carbon
- Conduct administrative and measurement tasks to support the pilot.
- Track budgets and hours to ensure that we are on target.
- Passion for and interest in impacting communities to “get to net zero”.
- Excellent social skills (i.e.: assertive, keen negotiator and collaborator).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Systems thinking skills (preferred).
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving skills, especially those that involve conflicting
- parties & ideas.
- Excellent listening skills, including a habit of asking follow-up questions.
- Knowledge of computer science, marketing, multimedia communication or a related field a plus
- Familiar with CODA App, Google Suite, Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to multitask
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Demonstrable social media skills.
At the end of this internship experience, candidate will
- Gain hands-on experience in a dynamic position
- Shadow and train with knowledgeable professionals
- Attend networking events and meetings both mundane and cutting edge
- Possible travel ( Washington DC, partner schools located in NJ and NY)
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, a cover letter, and two writing samples to email@example.com by February 28th, 2023. Please put in the subject line of your email: Sustainability Challenge & Climate Action Intern
SGAP Leaders provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SGAP Leaders complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.